Dominion Arsenal / Arsenal fédéral, Canada’s first federally owned and managed ammunition factory and proofing facility, was founded in 1882 in Québec. During WWI, a second arsenal was constructed in Lindsay, Ontario, and during WWII, other plants were built or converted by the Department of Munitions and Supply to produce small arms and artillery shells. These facilities were later amalgamated into Canadian Arsenals Limited in 1945, a crown corporation that reported to the Department of Supply and Services.
In 1980 Perception Design worked with Arsenals Canada to develop communications for a new awards scheme that acknowledged and rewarded personnel for actions or contributions that align with the company’s overall goals and which resulted in economic or other benefits that surpass typical expectations for employees, regardless of their rank within the organization. Prizes were as high as up to $10,000. The program was open to any employee except for its directors and officers.
This document was produced bilingually, explaining the general premise of the awards with examples, and incorporates a nomination form. The cover includes a symbol for the program, also designed by Anthony Hobbs of Perception Design, and acts as a mark of excellence — recognized universally across the industry and organization. A certificate and awards logo panel were also produced by Perception Design.
Canadian Arsenals, was dissolved in 1986.